Monday, April 27, 2009

Free George Hill



I called for Georgey boy before the playoffs started and I'm calling for him again now. (I also requested more Bowen and so far that has come to fruition.) I know it's too late, but I think we can at least get this thing back to Dallas as a matter of pride.

Our role players (mason and bonner) have pretty much sucked.

Why George Hill you ask?

Not only did he LOCK UP the 6th man of the year, Jason "Turtle Head" Terry (19.5 ppg on the season), and held him to 0 field goals, but he was the only Spur outside of Parker, Duncan, Finley, and Bowen (who all played at least twice as many minutes as Hill) to make more than one shot! His (2nd) 3 pointer got us within 3 late in the 4th on Saturday! To quote all time great Reggie Miller, "What was Pop thinking sitting this kid on the bench?"

Yeah, he sucked in game 3. I know. He was out of rhythm and came in during a frenzied part of the game. However he showed the kind of poise and commitment on the defensive end on Saturday that we need right now!

Do I think we can win this series? No way. Do I think we can take game 5 at home? You bet I do and I think Hill can be the X factor, much the way rookie Ryan Hollins was for the Mavs on Saturday. A game 6 victory in Dallas is probably too much to hope for, but a big win at home can shift momentum a little bit, and on a somewhat positive note - 2 of the next potential 3 are at home...

I'll patiently await your comments on this controversial (KDal) subject... or if you're already over this season, as a part of me is, we can discuss desired off-season moves. Sheed anyone?!?! ; )

3 comments:

Cervenka said...

I still have a small glimmer of hope for a miraculous comeback, since 2 out of 3 games left are home games, TP has never lost a first round play-off series and the only first round Timmy lost was when his knee was jacked in 99/00, I'm not ready for play-off's to end yet... But all said, it isn't up to them, I agree the bench needs to step it up and knock down some shots! Let's atleast make it to the 2nd round in Denver, even if that series most likely will be 4-0 or 4-1, nugs.

And as another reminder, the Mav's have a great history of choking and blowing series they should have won, 1st round loss to the 8 seed Warriors and 06 Finals blown to the Heat up 2-0 and about to win game 3... it would be nice to add this years 1st round series to that list of great Mav's acomplishments.

camacho said...

I'm looking for the george hill that during a 5 game span (Nov 19-28) he exploded for 94 points, 22 assists, 7 steals, and only 8 TOs. This was when some websites had him as the "steal" of the draft.

Now, since Parker's return, his role has been squandered down to the likes of jacque vaughn.

I barely think the Spurs can advance and I'm not sure if I want them to. The tremendous minutes Parker is logging, compounded by the fact that he is going to play with France this offseason, leaves him at great risk for injury.

But there is a voice inside that says "hey it's odd year, anything can happen"

Ryan said...

that's very true about the mavs buckling under the pressure. we take this game tonight and that puts a little pressure and a little doubt back on dallas. they're not a proven team that knows they can close this thing out.

that was a great stretch from hill. i hope he gets some good run next year at the shooting guard spot. he'd be a great bowen replacement if he had a few more inches on him, but his wingspan and athleticism can make up for some of that. here's hoping he gets some PT tonight!